“The CasaXPS Cookbook” forms the user manual for the Casa data system. Many of the features in CasaXPS require an understanding of why as well as how an operation is performed and therefore a large part of this manual is devoted to explaining the context for a sequence of data reduction steps. The mechanism of these steps is addressed within discussions of specific examples, but the essential functioning of the CasaXPS options and the overall structure of the program are presented in a separate reference section.
The book’s nineteen chapters are grouped into five sections:-
* Introduction - a quick guide to functions and facilities.
* What CasaXPS Can Do - detailed descriptions, case studies and practical examples, including backgrounds, lineshapes and curve fitting.
* Mathematical Methods and Image Processing - Monte Carlo error analysis, Principal Component Analysis,
Singular Valued Decomposition (SVD) for images and information combing.
* The CasaXPS System and some Background to XPS - file structures, file conversion, customising help files,
some XPS interpretation insights and a brief description of new instrumentation and methods.
* Appendices - ISO 14976 in detail, glossary, formulae, references and resources; frequently asked questions.